10.06.2009

Take a dive around the Espy's hull!

This is Freddy:



Freddy is our chief engineer. He narrated a video for me that was shot by our videographer, Wooly (whom you all met in a previous post). Wooly wanted to test out the dive camera, as he'd heard it was shooting grainy videos (turns out he just had to take it apart and clean all the salt out), so he dove down around the Espy's hull while we were still in Vanuatu. I thought the footage was pretty amazing, so I asked Freddy to narrate it for us, to let us know what the heck we were looking at. And then I posted it up online.

Have a look:

Esperanza hull dive from Mike G on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. THat was pretty sweet! You need to get sertified as a diver so you can do down there with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know man, i'm totally kicking myself for not getting certified before coming on this trip. i could have probably done some cool dives. ah well. i might just take it up after this trip.

    there is a dive instructor onboard, so if i find the time to read this book and take a couple tests, he might be able to certify me and let me go on a dive.

    ReplyDelete