10.17.2009

Whales!

That title is totally misleading, because you will probably be expecting whale photos, whereas you will not in fact find good pictures of whales in this post. This morning, however, the ship was SURROUNDED by them. Seriously, you could see spouts in all directions. We were steaming right through a pod of sperm whales, it was incredible.

We launched the boat and our photographer and videographer tried to get them on tape, but I heard it was difficult for them. I'll check and see if they got anything good, but in the meantime I thought I'd post a couple pics I took.

It's really hard to photograph whales from the ship, unless they come right up to us. This is the best pic I got:


Yeah, that leaves a lot to the imagination. Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment